Pasta with Smoked Salmon
Total time: 30 minutes
I use crème fraiche for this. You can substitute sour cream if you like - it will be a bit more tart; or heavy cream - it will be a bit higher in calories, or Greek yogurt.
- 1 1/4 (4.2oz, 125gr) cups dried pasta
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs white wine
- 3 tbs fresh lemon juice, about 1 small lemon
- 3/4 cup (6oz, 180gr) crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp dill weed
- 6oz (180gr) smoked salmon, (the moist kind: Irish or Scottish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Thinly slice shallots and sauté in oil until tender.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in crème fraiche and heat through, do not boil.
- Slice salmon into strips.
- Add 3/4 of the salmon, dill and lemon juice to the crème fraiche.
- Heat through but do not let boil.
- Add pasta and toss well to combine.
- Put it into a serving bowl, garnish with reserved salmon and serve.