Shrimp (Prawns) with Pesto Pasta
Total time: 25 minutes
Served warm to bring out the flavors, the pesto works amazingly well with the shrimp, and the, more traditional, pasta. If you have to clean the shrimp add 10 - 15 minutes. You can use raw or cooked shrimp for this as the flavor is in the sauce rather than a marinade.
- 12oz (360gr) large shrimp (prawns), cleaned
- 2 tbs pesto
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Olive oil for coating pan
- spaghetti, 3.5oz (100gr) a circle about 1" (2.5cm) in diameter
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 tbs good olive oil or truffle oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When done, drain.
- Clean shrimp if needed, if not just rinse and let drain.
- Mix 2 tbs pesto, lemon and oil. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until raw shrimp curl and turn opaque or cooked shrimp are heated through.
- To finish:
- Mix 1/3 cup pesto and oil.
- Add to pasta and toss well to coat.
- Arrange nicely on a platter or large plate.
- Lay the shrimp on top of the pasta and spoon any remaining sauce from the pan over the top.