Sautéed Scallops with Tomato Cream
Total time: 20 minutes
The scallops are finished with a light, tomato cream, which nicely balances their richness. Scallops release a lot of liquid when cooked, so be careful not to crowd.
- 10oz (300gr) scallops
- 2 shallots
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) tomato sauce
- 1/4 (2oz, 60ml) white wine
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) Greek yogurt
- Rinse scallops and pat dry.
- Roughly chop shallots, mince garlic.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tsp paprika, shallots, garlic and sauté until shallots are tender.
- Remove and put into a blender along with tomato sauce, wine and basil. Purée until smooth.
Heat remaining 1 tsp oil and 1/2 tsp paprika in the same skillet over medium high heat.
- Add scallops and quickly sauté, turning once, until opaque.
- Remove scallops and keep warm. Drain any liquid from skillet.
Add tomato sauce to skillet and heat through.
- Stir in yogurt and spoon onto a small platter.
- Top with scallops and serve.