Scallops with Maple Mustard Sauce
Total time: 15 minutes
Use the larger sea scallops for this if you can..... Scallops are best when cooked quickly as overcooking tends to make them tough. Use fairly high heat; they can give off a lot of liquid, and you want them to fry, not steam.
- 10oz (300gr) large scallops
- 2 slices Prosciutto
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup (1.5oz, 45gr) Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs fresh tarragon substitute 1 tsp dried
1 tbs olive oil
- Roughly chop Prosciutto.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Prosciutto and sauté until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add scallops and fry until lightly golden, then turn and fry the other side, 4 - 5 minutes total. Scallops are done when they turn opaque.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add mustard, maple syrup, yogurt.
- Stir well to scrape up any browned bits. Heat through but do not boil.
- Add Parmesan, tarragon, Prosciutto and stir well.
- Spoon over scallops and serve.