Adult Chocolate Pudding
Total time: 10 minutes> plus chilling
I don't often make dessert, but when I do, unless it's summer I make something Chocolate!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tsp flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz Kahlúa (or however much you want)
- Mix sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, flour and salt in large saucepan.
- Add 1 cup of milk, turn heat to medium and whisk, dissolving dry ingredients.
- Add remaining milk and continue whisking over medium heat until thickened and starting to simmer, 5 - 7 minutes.
- Simmer for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into pretty glasses, dessert dishes or custard dishes. This may make more than you want - if it does, just save some for tomorrow (breakfast?).
- Chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator or 1 hour in the freezer.
- Pour Kahlúa over the top, and serve.