Total time: 30 minutes
They perfume the house while they bake, with that wonderful 'Apple Pie' smell. They're great as is or even better with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt or, heaven forbid, vanilla ice cream.
- 2 apples, suitable for baking - Golden Delicious, Granny Smith
- 2 tbs butter
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Core apples - using an apple corer, often masquerading as a potato peeler. Stick it in the stem end and twist. It takes a bit of fussing to get all of the core out but we are not going for any beauty prizes here, so just work at it. Do not go all the way through the bottom of the apple - we don't want the butter to run out.
- When cored to your satisfaction put half of the butter, sugar and cinnamon into each apple.
- Put them into a glass baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes, until tender and juicy.
- Remove from oven and serve.