Turkey with Sherry and Prosciutto
Total time: 25 minutes
Any cut of turkey breast will work for this. Or you could use chicken breast. Amontillado is a semi-dry sherry, between 'fino' and 'cream'. Use any sherry you have on hand.
- 12oz (360gr) turkey cutlets or turkey breast
- 4 slices Prosciutto or Iberian ham (3oz, 90gr)
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) Amontillado or dry sherry
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch (maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup (3.3oz, 95gr) pasta penne, fusilli)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut turkey into bite-size pieces.
- Clean and slice mushrooms.
- Slice ham into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms, ham and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock, sherry, rosemary, sugar, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in cornstarch mixture to thicken.
- Serve over pasta.