Chicken with Whole Grain Mustard Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
Whole grain mustard and white wine, slightly reduced, make a lovely, light sauce for the chicken, bursting with flavor but low in calories.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) white wine
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- Roughly chop the onion.
- Sauté onion in oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When onion starts to brown, move it to the sides of the pan and sauté chicken breasts until lightly browned.
- Add thyme, mustard and wine. Stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is done, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a small platter, cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat under skillet and reduce sauce slightly.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve