Chicken Thighs in Red Wine Mushroom Sauce
Total time: 25 minutes
Skin the thighs, if you like, but leave the bone. These are braised in a savory red wine sauce with mushrooms and onions.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) red wine
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) beef stock
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- Skin the thighs by simply pulling it off. You may need to cut in a few places. Discard skin.
- Slice onion.
- Trim, slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken thighs and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, onion and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add stock, wine, thyme and stir to combine.
- Turn the thighs once or twice to coat with sauce. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove thighs to a small platter.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water. Increase heat under sauce, add cornstarch and stir until thickened and clear.
- Stir in yogurt. Spoon sauce over chicken thighs and serve.