Chicken with Ginger-Peanut Sauce on Warm Spinach
Total time: 25 minutes
The chicken is served on barely warmed spinach with a light peanut vinaigrette I cut the breasts in half, the short way. They cook a bit faster and it makes a nicer presentation.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 6oz (180gr) fresh spinach, for salad
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbs peanut butter
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1 tbs sherry vinegar
- Roughly chop onion.
- Mince ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Add garlic, onion, ginger and sauté briefly.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Add stock and peanut butter, stirring well to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Prepare spinach, wash if needed, and spin dry.
- When chicken is done, remove to a plate.
- Spoon 3/4 of the sauce on top and cover to keep warm.
- Add the vinegar to the remaining sauce in the skillet and stir well.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add spinach and toss gently to combine with the vinaigrette until just barely wilted.
- Divide the spinach between two plates, top with chicken and sauce. Serve.