Baked Sesame Chicken Strips
Total time: 30 minutes
These have a lovely, crispy, crunch with a surprise Teriyaki flavor. I cut each breast into 2 or 3 long strips. They bake faster and have more 'crust'. If you prefer, you can just use breadcrumbs without the sesame seeds; and spray them with cooking spray, if you have it, rather than drizzling with oil.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs Teriyaki sauce substitute 1 tbs soy sauce with 1/2 tsp brown or white sugar dissolved in it
- 4 tbs dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 - 2 tbs sesame and/or olive oil
- Cut chicken breasts into 2 or 3 long strips each.
- Using 3 flattish bowls: put the flour in one; whisk the egg and Teriyaki in one; mix the breadcrumbs, garlic and sesame seeds in one.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with oil.
- Using your fingers, roll each piece of chicken in flour; then dip in the egg, coating all sides (let drain a bit); then roll in the crumbs.
- Lay on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle remaining oil over top.
- Bake in 400F (200C) oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden and crisp.