Chicken with Mustard and Mushrooms
Total time: 25 minutes
Whole grain mustard and Worcestershire add a bit of a kick to simple chicken breasts. I cut the chicken breasts in half for quicker cooking.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms
- 2 tbs whole grain mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch (corn flour, maizena) dissolved in 2 tbs water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Clean and thickly slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet. Add chicken breasts and brown on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add mustard, stock, Worcestershire to mushrooms and stir to scrape up any browned bits.
- Return chicken to pan, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 5 - 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve, spooning mushrooms on top.