Total time: 30 minutes
Melted cheese tops this chicken with a light dill sauce - comfort food. Cut the chicken breasts in half for a nicer presentation.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 shallots
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) white wine
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 2 tsp maizena (cornstarch) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) shredded cheese
- Roughly chop shallots.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until tender and starting to brown.
- Move to the side and add chicken. Brown well on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- Add stock, wine, dill, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in water. Add to skillet, stirring until sauce is thickened.
- Top chicken with cheese, cover until cheese melts, 2 - 3 minutes.