Chicken Breasts with Creamed Cabbage
Total time: 35 minutes
A bit of crème fraiche or yogurt add a creamy taste to the cabbage. I cut the chicken breasts in half for easier serving.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) chicken stock
- 1/3 cup (3oz, 90gr) Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch (maizena, corn flour) dissolved in 1 tbs chicken stock or water
- Chop onion.
- Shred cabbage by cutting slice off of head, lay the slice cut side down and cut into 4ths, then, cutting across, slice 1/8 inch thick. Do not use the core of the cabbage - you'll recognize it when you see it.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, paprika and chicken breasts.
- Sauté until onion is tender and chicken is golden, about 10 minutes, turning the chicken once.
- Remove chicken breasts. Add cabbage to skillet and stir-fry until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over the top and lay the chicken breasts on the cabbage.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
- Uncover, increase heat.
- Remove chicken to small platter.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into cabbage to thicken.
- Stir in vinegar and yogurt.
- Spoon around chicken and serve.