Chicken with Broccoli and Olives
Total time: 30 minutes
This is a colorful dish full of Mediterranean flavors: capers, olives, peppers, lemon and garlic. It's made like a stir-fry, leaving the vegetables with a bit of crunch.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/2 head of broccoli or one small head
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olives, black or green
- 1 tbs capers
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 3 tbs white wine or 3 tbs chicken stock plus 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Slice onion about 1/8" thick (.3cm).
- Cut pepper in half the short way and then into slices, 1/4" thick (.6cm).
- Mince garlic.
- Cut broccoli into bite size florets and stems.
- Cut chicken in half, the short way.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet. Add onions, pepper, broccoli, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl or platter and cover.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté 6 - 8 minutes per side, or until done.
- Pit olives if needed and cut in half.
- Return vegetables to skillet, add olives, capers, marjoram and wine or stock/lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer another 7 - 8 minutes to blend flavors.
- Arrange attractively on a small platter and serve.