Christmas Eve Dinner
Smoked Salmon with Traditional Garnish
Standing Rib Roast / Yorkshire Pudding, Horseradish Sauce
Asparagus with Butter and Thyme
Bûche de Noël recipe not included
Total time: 45 minutes
This a bit tricky with a small roast; it is supposed to be made with the fat from the roast but there may not be enough from a small roast. Here is how I manage:
- 1 cup (4.5oz, 135gr) flour
- 1 cup (8oz, 240ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs beef drippings or butter or combination
- 2 tbs beef stock
- In medium bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add the milk, flour and salt; whisk.
- Let rest 10 - 30 minutes.
- Put drippings/butter and stock in a baking dish. I use a 10 inch (25cm) square.
- When beef is almost ready to come out, heat the baking dish in the 425F (215C) oven (the same as for roast) until butter is melted.
- Remove and pour in pudding batter.
- Immediately take beef out and put pudding in. Oven door should not be opened while pudding bakes.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375F (190C) and continue baking 12 - 15 minutes more, until golden and puffed up.
- Remove and serve immediately.