Total time: 15 minutes plus 5 earlier
Easy to make and a great way to use up the leftover bits of puff pastry.
You could also make them sweet: brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar; serve for dessert with coffee.
- puff pastry sheet, roughly 10 X 6 (25 X 15cm)
- 1 - 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut a rectangle of puff pastry.
- Lightly drizzle 1 - 2 tsp olive oil over the pastry.
- Sprinkle 2 tbs of Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Make a mental note (or mark it) of where the middle of the pastry is. Starting at the short ends, roll the puff pastry to the middle until the two rolls meet.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate until used. It's easiest to slice if chilled for an hour and can be made 2 days ahead.
- Remove from fridge and slice 1/4" thick (.6cm).
- Lay on nonstick baking sheet and bake, 400F (200C) for 8 - 12 minutes, until pastry is golden and cheese is a bit darker.
- Remove and serve immediately or allow to cool and store in airtight container.