Veal with Crisp Shallots and Prosciutto
Total time: 30 minutes
The tender veal scallops cook quickly and are finished with a light white wine sauce and topped with crisp shallots and Prosciutto. Turkey scallops can be substituted for the veal.
- 12oz (360gr) veal cutlets, thinly sliced
- 3 shallots
- 2 slices prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) white wine
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch (maizena, corn flour) dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Peel and thinly slice shallots.
- Cut Prosciutto into thin strips.
- Heat oil in skillet, add shallots, and sauté until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add Prosciutto strips and sauté until shallots and Prosciutto are brown and crisp, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add veal and quickly brown on both sides, about 1 1/2 minutes each.
- Add white wine, chicken stock, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Increase under skillet.
- Remove veal to a small platter.
- Add cornstarch to skillet and stir until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over veal, top with shallots and Prosciutto and serve.