Steak with Shallot and
Red Wine Reduction
Total time: 30 minutes
Tenderloin slices would be lovely with this - as would strip steaks or even London Broil!
- 2 steaks, 6oz (180gr) each
- 3 large shallots
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120ml) red wine
- Peel and thickly slice shallots.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and sauté until starting to brown and caramelize, about 15 minutes.
- Remove shallots to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add steak.
- Quickly cook steaks for 2 - 4 minutes per side depending on type and thickness.
- When done, remove and cover to keep warm.
- Add red wine to pan and scrape up all the yummy brown bits on the bottom.
- Add the shallots, sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring over high heat, until sauce is reduced and starting to thicken, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Spoon a bit over the each steak and serve.