Meatballs with Osso Bucco Sauce
Total time: 30 minutes
I added a a cup of chopped tomatoes to the leftover sauce, and cooked the meatballs in the simmering sauce.
- 12oz (360gr) ground beef
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 cup leftover Osso Bucco sauce substitute tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Mince onion.
- In medium bowl lightly beat the egg with a fork.
- Add breadcrumbs, wine, mustard, ketchup, paprika, garlic, herbs and mix well.
- Add beef and mix well, (use your hands and knead like bread dough).
- Form into meatballs, about 1 1/2 " (4cm) in diameter.
- In a medium skillet with lid heat the sauce and tomatoes.
- When simmering add the meatballs, being careful that they don't touch.
- Cover and continue to simmer until meatballs are done, stirring and turning the meatballs once or twice, about 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.