Hamburger Steak with Cheese and Fried Onions
Total time: 20 minutes
Just a big burger topped with cheese and fried onions. Nothing fancy, simple, 'diner' style cooking... These are Fried Onions, not Caramelized Onions....
- 12oz ground beef (mince - 360gr)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1oz (30gr) cheese, Colby or Cheddar, sliced
- Thickly slice onions.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and quickly fry until very brown and starting to crisp.
- Add Worcestershire and stir well to combine.
- Remove and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium-high heat.
- Divide the beef and make 2 loose patties, barely handling the meat. (I just cut the package in half).
- Add the beef and sauté, 2 - 5 minutes per side, depending on how you like it done.
- When ready, lay the sliced cheese on the beef, top with onions and cover until cheese melts.
- Remove and serve.